February 09, 2013

Interview - Archi Deep at YOUR Music


Interview - Archi Deep at YOUR Music

Journalists: Eleftheria Zavalis & Eirini Makri





Eirini Makri:
Hello Arthur! First of all, tell us some things about yourself.. Where are you from? How, and when has your ‘’relationship’’ with music started?


Archi: 
Hi Eirini ! I'm Archi Deep 21, tattooed and vaccinated from France, but I"m currently living in London !
As far as I remember, it started with Led Zeppelin when I was 6 or 7, in an old Ford Granada going to the beach, I was singing Black Dog as loud and as high as I could at the time ! Great memories before good surf !

Eleftheria Zavalis:
Your first EP is finally released! Where can we find it? What does it include?

Archi:
Yeaah finally ! It's out ! I'm afraid there's no more hard copy of the Two limited series I did , or maybe one ... but you can easily listen to it on soundcloud.com/archideephimself or http://archideephimself.bandcamp.com/ , they're downloadable and free!
This (the EP) is 6 tracks, all recorded by myself ( I play and sing everything on it !) . There are various styles on it, I wanted it to be as more eclectic as I could make it, to let people see what I'm capable of ! If you take the first one, ‘’A Half of a Two’’, kind of a bluesy pop song, then you go straight to number two, ‘’Knock Knock’’, a more heavy and dark garage song, and the third one is only acoustic, ’’Erase Yourself’’... I just tried to express my feeling through my originals, and use this EP as a checkpoint for my beginning career .

Eleftheria Zavalis:
Do you prefer writing songs in English or French? And why so..?

Archi:
I prefer writing in English ‘cause that's the music I used to listen to, when I was growing up and it sounds more like what I feel music ! But I won't lie to you, I've got some french songs too waiting for their good times...

Eirini Makri:
What messages do you like to get across, through your songs?

Archi:
I think most of my songs contain explicit and violent lyrics. Why…? I mean, it's what is coming through my life and myself, and I just tried to play with those words to get something good out of it ! We generally say that what you're writing, comes from your life or experience. I hope not...

Eirini Makri:
What is more important to you? Playing the music you love, or changing your music style for the sake of music business?


Archi:
I wanna see people enjoying what I'm playing, but without changing my music , so it's more about finding the right people to address your music and ideas at, but I didn't have a problem like this yet , I think my music could touch anyone ‘cause everybody can find itself in it.

Eleftheria Zavalis:
Which is your biggest dream?

Archi:
My biggest dream ? What an easy question ! I want to live with my music , give me something to eat, a place to stay and somewhere to play (music) and people enjoying it. That's all , I'll be more than happy ! Talking about this, I just did a video called " I don't want your money, I want you to like me on Facebook", maybe you could take a look and see my thoughts about this ! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y48cNZz7Kyg )

Eirini Makri:
What are your thoughts about "YOUR Music"?

Archi:
They try to help us in a good way, and I'm pretty glad we did this together and hopefully people will see there are still people caring for what young artists are doing, even if they're not signed, just like they do ! Thanks a lot Your Music keep up the good work !


LIKE US on Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment